Impress future employers and college entrance boards today!
Mastery Academics offers two packages for middle and high school students to hone their communication skills in subjects that interest them. Four-week program where students bring their knowledge and apply it to methods of creating, thinking, and collaborating.
Subject-level Communication Academies
Sessions are held during Summer (July), Fall (October), and Spring (February/March).
- Research a topic using academics scholars
- Interviewing 101 – ask the right questions
- Who should I interview?
- Practice interviewing
- Interviewing 101, part 2 – who should I interview
- Interviewing 101, part 2 – mock interviews
- Begin scheduling sources for articles
- Begin scheduling sources for stories
- Interviewing in practice
- Placing the interview into action
- Write an article on the interview or create a video explaining the information you received
- Revision at work
- Publish this interview online
- Resume writing and cover letters – explain what you have done
- Personal learning network
- Reflection – Interviewees and parents are invited to attend
STEM Experts Sessions
You know science, technology, engineering, or math is in your future. Unsure of your post-high school plans? Let’s chat! Students will obtain individualized strategies to turn their STEM knowledge into preparation for college and career success. Have confidence in knowing your goals are our goals!